Monday, February 3, 2014

monday commute

did y'all watch the superbowl?
 
is it possible i have an enormous crush on bruno mars?  he is as big as a minute and i usually prefer my men to be at least five feet two inches tall, but man, he's so super talented that i don't even care that he is miniature.  he went from being my guilty pleasure to just my pleasure.  no more guilt.
 
none!
 
it's like the radio knew i needed a little pick me up on my drive to work this morning.  i could've slept for days until at least 7:30 if it hadn't been for my alarm clock and kids and responsibilities and stuff.
 
just push play and turn these up.
 
i'll never get tired of this song.  quote me.
 
this song is fantastic and brand new to me.  and even better, it's local!  this is the orban's lead singer's solo debut.
 
sorry for the delay in greatest hits.  i have been dealing with my precious toddler refusing naps and feigning illness until i take him to the doctor to learn that he is, in fact, NOT sick.
 
love,
coco
 
p.s. we were out to eat recently when chris pointed out to me a teenaged girl wearing a long sleeved flannel shirt, leggings, oxblood doc martins, with her hair held back by an enormous...wait for it...scrunchie.  the only thing that separated that girl from exactly what i was wearing in 1993 was that my shoes were not as cool as hers and she fortunately was not wearing dark brown lipstick and giant hoop earrings.  oh, and i'm sure her eyebrows were groomed properly as well.
 
here's something i was listening to back then that i also heard on the radio this morning.  long live the nineties.

No comments:

Post a Comment