Monday, February 10, 2014

nashville

 
well, i'm working on it.
 
for our upcoming thirty-fifth birthdays (good lord...old), we were gifted flights to the one-and-only nashville, tennessee.
 
we are leaving in a month for a long weekend.  my dad has already given me a lengthy hand-written list on yellow legal paper of places he and mom recommend (these lists have been happening exactly like this for-eeeh-ver.)
and because my main squeeze cannot plan a trip anywhere without looking into what bands are in town, we are now going to see the bands ratdog (the remaining members of the grateful dead) and widespread panic while we are there.  he is already beside himself with excitement.
 
i would love your help.  have you been to nashville?   what did you love about it?  what should we check out?  what should we avoid?
 
we love live music, dive bars (the dive-ier, the better), FOOD (any and all kinds), museums (nerd alert), and shopping (unique, local, one-of-a-kind).
 
care to hook us up with some recs?
thanks, boos.
 
p.s. guess what else?  i am going to denver in april!  some of my nearest and dearest all live there now, robin (my soul-sister), jami (my most devoted blog reader and commenter), and joni (fellow aggie and my longtime ACL compadre).  i could only make one weekend happen, all or nothing.  i emailed my gf's and to see if they were available to join me by outside chance, and four of them said yes!  so now we have a denver posse and i cannot wait to have some girl-time in the mountains.
these resolutions are really shaping up.


No comments:

Post a Comment