i am blogging as a way to avoid the disaster that is my house. in my super mad rush to get the children out of the door this morning, i managed to overturn everything in my path.
anyone want to come load my dishwasher? no? fine, then.
i did manage to make it to yoga this morning and get toddlers fed and entertained and down for a nap. now i am avoiding cleaning and catching up on 'the voice' before the halloween madness begins.
now that's what i call a good use of time.
we are in full halloween mode around here. wish us luck. here's a sneak at our week, in no particular order.
1) well, my baby is the hulk for halloween. and he managed to scare the bejeezus out of a few classmates on party day. lord help.
2) my friend kelly had a baby last week. eli is his name and isn't he delicious?
(his momma is a pro and joined us for her two-beer max at hh last night, like a responsible breast-feeding lady).
3) crosby is a weird eater. he isn't crazy about meat, sometimes he eats two bites of a meal and other times he eats everything on his plate. we discovered recently that he will eat anything in soup form. soup for the win!
4) my baby is so
bossy full of personality. here's a taste of what we're dealing with over here.
5) this nugget loves picking up ben from school.
6) we halloween carnival-ed it up last weekend.
7) this is the only decent picture i have from the weekend papa visited (sans papa). this is what boys look like patiently waiting for pie.
8) i wanted to take the boys to a legit pumpkin patch this year, you know with hayrides, mazes, maybe on some acerage. chris found one online that was free. so we drove thirty minutes with two grumpy children in tow only to discover that the pumpkin "patch" was just some bootleg pumpkins piled in an abandoned brookshire's parking lot. pumpkin patch FAIL. here's chris trying to make the best of the unfortunate situation.
9) sometimes intense concentration requires a tongue curl.
10) you can pick you friends, you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friend's nose.
crosby wouldn't leave his teacher's side thoughout the entire festival.
my boys with the newest big brother in our bunch.
11) mummy dogs! a halloween week tradition.
looking forward to running my first official half-marathon. let's do this thing.
how was your week? what are you looking forard to?