i just discovered that the new season of the real housewives of nyc is on demand. chris is at a show tonight and the boys are asleep and i am drinking a coooold local buzz and life is just about as good as it gets right now.
this morning i ran twelve miles (what felt like) entirely uphill. it was so hard and it hurt so bad and i would've quit if i wasn't already committed to running a half marathon next weekend. afterwards i cried a lot. i got a massage this afternoon (a result of all the crying). i ate mexican food for dinner. my quads feel like they have been clubbed with a bat. i can barely walk. but my beer is cold and rhonyc is on, and that's that. tomorrow is a new day.
let's catch up on greatest hits, shall we?
1) before chris and i snuck off to nashville, we celebrated spring break with the boys.
we went to the dallas museum of art (as did half of the city).
but that's ok becuase i love it so.
2) i let the boys run wild at klyde warren park while i caught up with my honey-boo jessica who was in town from frigid chicago with her perfect child. i am not kidding. perfection, that layne.
see? she is delicious.
3) wook at wittle cwosby in this picture. oh wait, it's baby chris. this photo is proof that i was just crosby's host. i was only the vessel that brought him into this world. he is his daddy's boy/clone.
4) and speaking of his daddy, chris turned, you guessed it, thirty-five on the 18th. which means that for three weeks, i am his (much) younger wife. he's a cradle-robber.
5) few things make this man happier than meat, beer and pie. so that's what we did to celebrate, ate at lockhart and emporium pies. i am so glad you were born, christopher.
6) ben potty-trained for two weeks before he got it down. crosby has been "training" for months. it just goes to show that every child is different. crosby was sent to this earth to remind me that.
well, he FINALLY pooped in the potty. so as promised, we had a party at chuck e. cheese to celebrate. he hasn't pooped in the potty since. this child, y'all.
7) i got roses on the 11th anniversary of when we started dating. he got a hug and a high-five. i am the lucky one.
looking forward to sleeping past six and piddling in the yard tomorrow. wild and crazy, y'all.
how are you? what are you looking forward to? i would love to know. it'll distract me from the pain in my legs.