i am off my game.
i've lost my mojo.
my rhythm is gone.
i have started working on fridays, which means all of my non-work time is spent in the company of children. my blog has suffered. i'm sorry.
BUT, i don't plan on quitting this blog, so i just need to find a new rhythm. i work best on a schedule, so i'll just have to figure out a new greatest hits day and go from there. i also want to bring back other posts, like this and that and on my radar. and for sure i want to incorporate little reviews of some local favorites. how does this sound? is there anything you'd like to see on this blog? i would love your input. on the real.
but for now, here is a photo dump of the past week or so.
1) i should've used my zoom lense to adequately capture crosby's shenanigans during his end-of-the-year program at school. you know the kid that is always on the front row (whhhhy?) who, instead of singing, makes silly mouth faces? or instead of doing the cute hand gestures that accompany the lyrics "put you hand in myyyyy hand, i will be your friiieeend", he shoves his hands dramatically in his pockets? yep, that's crosby. he's in the striped shirt on the front row (of course).
2) mimi had a birthday! we celebrated at the rustic, pat green's new place. it's pretty rad (more on that in a later post).
3) instead of field day, ben's school calls it "buddy fun day". they have partners and complete all of the events together. this is ben and his buddy cameron (or "cam", as ben informed me that you give your closest friends nicknames and call them cousin).
4) addy had a bubble guppies birthday party. if you are unfamiliar with bubble guppies, then don't worry about it. ignorance is bliss. here she is on her big day with her swimsuit wedgie. i love that little nugget.
5) and finally, finally, finally we made it to the lakehouse to celebrate memorial day. i feel my blood pressure lower on the drive there. it's divine.
even though these kids were try to harsh my mellow by acting like a couple of insane people.
and for the first time in a loooong time, the lake had enough water to get the boat out. yay, rain! keep it coming!
looking forward to redeeming my mother's day gift this weekend, a massage and a mani/pedi here. happy dance for days!
how was your week? what are you looking forward to?