ben boy is getting his tonsils removed next week.
it is for the best, bless his heart, but we've heard all about the horrors of recovery.
dread is not a strong enough word.
please feel free to share your advice or experience or good wishes,
and be honest. i can handle it. maybe.
since we will be laid up for ten days or so over thanksgiving break,
here's a peek of what has kept us busy over the last month or so.
in no particular order, our greatest hits:
1) while chris was in college station for a football game, the boys and i had a date with the peanuts movie. the best part about the whole experience was the seats.
no offense, charlie brown.
2) my dad is in the middle of marathon training again, so a measley 13.1 miles is like another training run for him. at this point of his training, he is just trying to break personal records. and he certainly did with this 1 hour, 49 minute half-marathon. he's a machine, that man!
3) we went to see my morning jacket and all i got was this bathroom selfie.
they were awesome, per usual.
just try not to love this song.
4) family night at the fair. tradition at it's best.
5) we went to the arboretum on the hottest october day known to man. crosby asked to leave within the first ten minutes. he was so "hot" and "tired" that he had to take multiple breaks from walking to lie down. lol.
5) we made our annual donation to the neighborhood squirrels with our pumpkin patch purchase.
6) this halloween we had a werewolf, a mummy and a witchy princess.
looking forward to a mellow weekend with no plans.
how was your week/fall? what are you looking forward to?