it's wedding week!
my sis is getting married on saturday and we are all super excited and busy and ready to party.
i have so much to update you on, but i'll start by dumping my pics here first.
i'll get to my girls trip recap soon enough, pretties.
1) ben completed first grade. what the what??? he has turned from a little boy into a big boy. he acts like a teenager, says grown up things, has the body of a man-child, and still melts my heart with his precious closed-mouth grin. i love him so.
fart noises and all.
my friend liz hosted a backyard movie night. the boys gave each other noogies while the grown-ups drank cold beers. ahhhh, summertime.
3) i ran an incredibly hot race. i'm still chugging along with my training, despite this heat and the growing discomfort in my right knee. any tips? i really don't want to stop running, but the more i do, the more uncomfortable it gets :(
4) some of our "neighbors" (as in friends that live several streets over) host an incredible bbq competition every year. there are teams who compete for best brisket and ribs, a hand-selected panel of judges, kegs of really tasty local beer, a people's choice selection, tables of delicious food, music, bounce-houses, koozies and t-shirts with official logos, and money raised for a local rape crisis center. so much fun! it makes me so grateful that we landed in this little pocket of dallas.
5) well, it's official. i'm a baseball mom. chris is a coach. crosby is that kid who raises hell on the playground during games. this year we graduated from t-call/coach pitch to machine pitch. ben's team is GOOD and apparently i really love to watch these seven-year old boys run the bases more than i ever thought possible. go red sox!
the first-grade teachers from his school came to support their boys.
grandpa rarely misses a game.
6) a friend of my parents is in a crosby, stills & nash cover band and recently played a thursday night concert at the arboretum. it was hot as hell, but it sure was beautiful.
7) we've been frequently hitting up a new-to-us breakfast spot in our hood, dallas donuts. you get donuts as an appetizer. my kids were sold.
8) you know you have a seven year old when just about every birthday party is a skate party.
9) lazy summer days = picnics at spray parks
10) the sugar magnolia swimming hole is officially open for the season.
looking forward to a wedding!
how was your week and what are you looking forward to?