i am currently avoiding my youngest child's meltdown in time-out (i can tune out a crying child like nobody's business) because it's saturday. and not just any saturday, a saturday free of training runs, t-ball games, nary a birthday party in sight. we are free as a bird.
all that's on the agenda is a grocery trip to target (wild-and-crazy, y'all) and a date with my husband to sit on our patio after the kids go to bed.
cue the cartwheels.
here's my attempt to catch you up on the crazy:
1) sarah came in from portland for mystery girls trip. and since she hasn't been home in a long while, we planned a playdate so that we could love on her boy ike and let the kids play before we left for our getaway.
we used this as another opportunity to take pictures of ourselves.
plus a few shots of (most of) the kids.
ikey's ringlet's had to be documented.
2) we said good-bye to kindergarten.
let me just say that kindergarten in amazing. ben entered knowing the fundamentals of phonix and left knowing how to read fluently, add, subtract, infer, solve multi-step problems, on and on. pretty remarkable what this cute little 26 year old accomplished with our boy.
3) daddy was celebrated on father's day.
the ladies went to pick up lunch for the guys at pecan lodge's new location, per request.
since we were ordering to-go, we were able to stand in the express line.
for two hours.
it seemed that every other father in the metroplex wanted pecan lodge bbq for their special day.
for good reason. it was delicious.
4) summer break has made addy and cros even weirder.
5) the cubs wrapped up a season.
chris coached this year, which completely stressed him out, but it was so sweet to watch for this momma.
some of the boys teachers even came to a game.
go cubs, go!
6) my mom had knee replacement surgery recently, so on the weeks ben doesn't have camp, often times i bring him to work with me. he loves it because he gets to do this:
7) ben had an adenoidectomy which has changed him into a happier boy.
8) we had two spraypark parties in one weekend. crosby started staking claim on his turf.
9) crosby is going through "the change". the transition from a delicious little snuggly two-year old into a three-year old. for those that have experience raising three-year olds know exactly what i am talking about. for those of you who have not yet, consider yourself warned. two has got nothing on three.
looking forward to an upcoming holiday weekend at the lakehouse and celebrating our TENTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY a little bit early.
how was your week? what are you looking forward to?