happy new year, my loves!
i am drawing up a storm again for valentine's orders (good news!) so i'm a little behind.
let's catch up, shall we?
1) bonner family traditional new years eve dinner consists of: the four of us, spaghetti carbonara, wine and "wine" in fancy glasses, eating in the dining room (faaaaaancy), roasting marshmallows, me and chris drinking wine until midnight after the kids go to bed.
2) i found this recipe from garden & gun on facebook and decided to give it a shot on christmas day. it's called 'luck and money' and it's delicious. i used mustard greens instead of collards, because that's all they had at the store, and it was divine. adding this one to the new year's recipe line-up.
3) my sister is getting married! hooray!! and she has asked me to stand up in her wedding. i said yes! i love weddings!!! dancing! booze! romance! so many exclamation points!!
4) ben plays basketball (my new favorite). he mentioned his game to a classmate one day and she showed up to cheer him on. sweet friends. warms my heart, and his too.
5) one of the million perks of working with every member of your family is that many of them are great cooks and one in particular is ninety years old and still brings giant pots of gumbo for everyone to enjoy for lunch. thanks, paw paw.
6) this picture actually deserves it's own post, but long story short, chris makes ben's lunch everyday and includes little love notes/words of encouragement on his napkin. ben comes home with food still on his face because he doesn't want to ruin his napkin by actually using it. i've saved every single one. my heart, y'all.
7) we had gift cards to spend, so we took a family trip to good records where ben air-drummed to the white stripes and crosby got to know weezer's newest album.
8) dallas is experiencing earthquakes. it's so bizarre (not cool, fracking). three of us think it's a pretty cool feeling. one of us does not. little dude thought the small tremor he felt was actually ghosts playing on the roof. bless his heart.
9) we tried to tell cros that buzz-cuts are best suited for summertime. he thinks that is ridiculous, per usual.
many things happened that are not pictured, like marcy's birthday celebrations, but i was too lazy to snap a shot. but trust, we had a good time.
how has january treated you so far? we have been pounding our resolutions recently, more on that later.
looking forward to finishing up my orders and a weekend with no plans.
what are you looking forward to?