holy crap. i am still reeling from the aggie victory over arkansas!
did you see that game?!?!?
an overtime win. so, so good.
and what made it even better was watching the game with a room full of aggies at a game watching party. there's something about jumping up and down with glee in a room full of friends and strangers.
anyways, let's play catch up, per usual.
i miss you folks! how is everyone?
thanks for sharing your meditation tips (not).
i love you anyway.
here's a peek:
1) benjamin was the "special person of the week" in his class and he put together this precious poster. i might never take it down (is that last sentence grammatically correct?? not sure. i used to be a teacher, btw.)
2) we went to the second annual staff softball game for ben's school. our teacher's got whipped by the other team, it was chaotic and crowded, and ben was so mad that the game ended and we had to leave that tears welled up in his eyes.
his teacher noticed and managed to cheer him up in a way that we never could.
i love teachers.
3) the clown, the princess and i ate lunch with ben.
4) chris and i went to TWO weddings in the same weekend. say what? we had to lean heavily on our village to make it happen, and i'm so glad we did.
i grew up with the family of the bride of friday night's wedding. the bride was stunning, the venue was adorable, the details looked like a pinterest board. did i take any pictures? no. i was too tipsy and excited.
but i did get a pic with one of my favorite people in the world, my friend since sixth grade and brother-of-the-bride, ryan.
we haven't hung out in years and it did my heart good to spend a little time with him and his gorgeous family. i'm still smiling.
oh, and i met one of my blog readers there. hi juliana!
4) wedding #2 took place on a gorgeous farm in dublin, texas. the groom is chris' best friend's brother.
he is a chef and is moving to chile with his bride to open a restaurant, so it was a wedding and a farewell party rolled into one.
think: victorian house, strung lights, mason jars, burlap runners, an all-girl band, tecate, smoked brisket, hand-cased sausage, homemade pickles and sauce (all by the groom, mind you), old friends, a sixties motown playlist, wildflowers.
this is chris' god-daughter, cameron, who is FIFTEEN! wtf? she was five at our wedding, which was like, yesterday.
5) i am not gonna lie, the recovery from our wedding weekend extravaganza was no joke.
we were staying in neighboring stephenville, texas (which is the no. 1 dairy county in texas, in case you were wondering) and managed to find that really awesome cow statue AND some amazing tex-mex to cure all of our ills.
i'll have a cheese enchilada with cheese sauce, please.
and a side of cheese. thanks.
looking forward to acl weekend!!! it's here, it's here!
how are you? what are you looking forward to?