Wednesday, April 2, 2014

wednesday commute

well friends, get ready for the most random post ever.
 
i could've slept until noon today, y'all.  probably not, but it felt like it.  instead i get woken up before my alarm goes off by my almost-six year old who needs to pee and decides to tell me about it.  hey little boy, thanks for sharing, now go back to sleep like a normal person.
 
anyway, it was a sleepy commute.  and i kept catching the tail end of great songs.
 
like these:
radio is going to kill this one for me.  but i don't care yet, because i love it and want to hear it on a loop.  plus, since chris martin's marriage to gwenyth just ended, i feel like he needs my support.  and his last name is martin, which used to be my last name as well, so we are practically family.  and since blood is thicker than water, he may have won me in the divorce.
just in case you weren't yet convinced that life is completely unfair, watch this john legend video, with his REAL LIFE WIFE.  who looks like that?  hmmm?  who?  what would you do if you looked like that?  and your husband wrote you this song?  and then sang it to you at your wedding?  hmmmm?  what.ever.  just stop it.
the video is gorgeous (as is the song and the super-model).  it kinda gives me goosebumps.
if you weren't already convinced that this post is ridiculous and that i am a crazy person, here are two other songs i caught the tail end of that made me as happy as pharrell this morning.
i know i am totally showing my age here.  even if you are around my age, this song may not sound like high school to you, but it sure does to me.
NOT SAFE FOR WORK, y'all.
and last but not least, this gem.  it reminds me of driving around with a carful of people and nowhere to go.  ha!
all. over. the. place.
 
i know these song posts may beat you all down, but i just can't help myself!  these thoughts in my brain have to go somewhere!
 
talk amongst yourselves.
 
bye felicia, 
coco
 

1 comment: