Friday, September 20, 2013

greatest hits

hi booboos.  whatcha doing?  me?  i am sitting here in gym clothes eating hot spinach/artichoke dip for lunch.  doing my best to negate my work out one meal at a time.  i sure am glad it's friday.  you?

here's a peek at our week.

1) this boy.  oh, this boy.  he now insists upon carrying his "pack-pack" everywhere.  it's full of dvd's, in case you are wondering.
 you know that mom you see chasing her toddler who is running away from her (screaming) at full-speed, only stopping to turn his head to make sure mom is still chasing?  you know the one, she's usually sweating, using her stern voice (and promising herself in her head that once she catches the running child, she will not beat him in front of the gym full of people at mommy-and-me gymnastics class).
she's the one whom you lock eyes with and give an empathetic smile to, all while wondering to yourself why she has no control over her banshee child.

let me introduce myself.  my name is cortney and i was that mom on tuesday.  we lasted 15 minutes in gymnastics.  
 good thing he is cute.  seriously.
 2) trader joe's has been in east dallas for a month or two now, and i must say, i love it so, so much.  i walked into supertarget the other day and i felt guilty.  i'm sorry supertarget, i've started seeing someone else.  it's not you, it's me.  and the dark chocolate almonds.  you don't have those.  tj's does.  sometimes a break-up is as simple as that.
 3) i remembered i had these empty bins in the garage immediately after i remembered a little trick i saw on pinterest long ago.  have your kids finger paint in the bin.  genius, really.  clean-up: a dream.

 below: he's just looking for shit to touch.  naughty.
 4) i got love notes "hidden" throughout the kitchen from my big boy.  sweet angel boy.


looking forward to my training run (haha!!! just kidding.  dreading it.) and hanging out with my main squeeze tomorrow night.
how was your week?  what are you looking forward to?

love,
coco



No comments:

Post a Comment