Sunday, June 16, 2013

happy father's day

happy father's day to my dad, who tucked me in every night of my life and always told me that he was proud of me and that he loved me every day.  he is artistic and curious, loyal to a fault, committed and constant, and sometimes silly.  thank you for passing on those traits to me, dad.  i am proud of them.
happy father's day to my pawpaw, who (still) takes his red convertible out for joyrides and loves his family fiercely.  thank you for always making your grandkids feel special.  you are talented beyond words, hard-headed, passionate and stubborn.  thank you for passing those traits to me, paw-paw.  i am proud of them.


happy father's day to my husband.  thank you for telling me i am beautiful every day and making me feel funny and important.  you value music and art, tradition and rituals.  you are loyal and passionate, loving and hard-working.  to the guy who always dances with me at weddings and drinks cold beer with me on patios, you are my best friend (as well as ben's and crosby's).  because of you our kids love wilco and the beastie boys right along with show tunes, refer to jerry garcia as 'uncle jerry', love to swim, enjoy reading, and can appreciate a good dance party.  thank you for passing on the best of you to our children.  i am proud of those traits.
and last, a happy father's day to my sister who steps up to the plate every single day with strength, grace, dignity and enough love to make up for any defecit.  i love you.


3 comments:

  1. Dang girl, that was a tear-jerker. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that Jami. By the time I finished with your love letter to Chris, I was crying. So beautifully written. U got the good ones surrounding u, very blessed.

    ReplyDelete