Monday, March 25, 2013

random bits

a few things are on my mind this monday morning:
1) blackboard wars.  does anyone watch this show?  it is all about teachers trying to turn around one of the worst high schools in new orleans.  it's a reality show on own.  i cry like a baby each episode (leave it up to oprah!).  it's so strange how it can make me want to sprint back to the classroom and want to never, never teach again all at the same time. (oh and one of the most wonderful/cringe-worthy parts of this show is how perfectly they portray how awful your first year of teaching can be.  i remember crying in the classroom.....ugh.)
2) stevie nicks.  i have always loved her and watching her on own last night just confirms it.  did anyone see it?  have you seen fleetwood mac's behind the music?  best. one. ever.
3) these songs made my commute this morning:
this sing-a-long oldie but goodie (which makes me want to run away to an island somewhere),
and this brand new-to-me goodie.
4) i walked into the office this morning and found these.  i have since eaten half of the damn tub and had to physically remove them from the room before i eat the whole thing.  oh my word, delicious.  crunchy and salty are the two criteria for a food to qualify as my favorite.  have you had them before?
well, that's all i had on my mind.  off to do some real work (or eat okra snax, whatevs).


2 comments:

  1. fleetwood mac is my favorite band. i am going to see them again in june and i.can't.wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okra snax?!!! Tell me more!!

    ReplyDelete