Wednesday, December 12, 2012

running playlist

Source: piccsy.com via Cortney on Pinterest


i usually don't listen to music while i run.  you see, i run with a group and i also share the roads with agressive cyclists and cars and such.  i am already in la-la land half of the time without music playing, and i for sure don't want to get hit by a car.

since i would be running on a closed course, and by myself for the most part, my husband made me a playlist to keep me going during last weekend's race.  

thank god for that playlist!  it was such a treat to listen to good music with a strong beat that encouraged me to keep putting one foot in front of the other.  the best part was not knowing what song was coming up next.  each song was a surprise and it gave me something to look forward to during my haul.  it's the little things.  Click on the link below if you are curious about what chris put on the playlist.


*i recently discovered that my music twin (a marathon runner) listens to mellow music during runs.  say what???  this blows my mind!  for me, it's hip-hop all the way!  maybe we aren't twins afterall.

do you listen to music when you exercise?  if so, what are you listening to?


2 comments:

  1. Im just gonna comment on all of your posts today! I listen to mellow music too! I just love a good song that i know all the words too, but for example i have some Norah Jones on my running list. Yours is great! Go Chris! ps. I'm seeing you when i am home - btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cort, for running purposes, i am your music running twin after checking out your playlist...for everything else music, you an tim are twins! not that i don't like what you guys listen to because i love everything you both bring to the table. but, i seriously don't know how he runs to all the slow stuff. i would be falling asleep on my feet :) great job last weekend!!

    ReplyDelete