Friday, December 28, 2012

greatest hits

i am so grumpy today.  the exterminator came at the wrong time, so we still have ants.  crosby spilled a bowl of mini-m&m's all over the living room floor, one of my christmas gifts just stopped working and i have spent all day looking for one of ben's new gifts that was lost during an eventful playdate yesterday.  it's probably in some dark corner of the house having a party with our cordless phone and one shoe from one of the two pair of crosby's shoes that actually fit.  hmph.  i hate, hate, hate looking for lost things.  it makes me grouchy, obvs.

i saw a friends episode where ross' travel shampoo bottles leak all in his carry-on.  upon finding them, he exclaims, "why do bad things happen to good people?!?!?!?!"
i am ross right now.
whiny ross.

and now i feel silly complaining about my third-world problems.

this morning may suck, but my christmas was ah-may-zing.  seriously, so good.
here's a peek at what went down (out of order).

1) when jenn's two angels were struck down with god-knows-what, her book exchange party for the kids relocated to my house.  the "big kids" made crafts,
 we snuggled brand new baby layne,
 joe ate a lot of icing,
 ike let me love and sniff on him for the first time,
 and two of my very best girls introduced their new babies to one another.
precious.
 2) barry a. martin painting, inc. hosted their annual christmas party.
 the men enjoyed bbq, pumpkin bread and our gratitude.
 addy made sure it all went off without a hitch.  she's a boss.
 2) christmas eve is my favorite day of the year.


 cute, huh?

3) santa visited.  ben loved his gifts.  crosby also loved ben's gifts.  he still does.

 4) ben has been predicting a white christmas for a month now.  he's a genius.



this post made me feel a little less scroogy.  so thanks for that, friends.  
i'm looking forward to my brunch with the lovely ladies in my family and going on a date with my handsome husband (complete with dinner, a concert, and a hotel room.  say whaaaaaat???)

how was your christmas?  what are you looking forward to?

love,
coco


1 comment:

  1. AHhhhh..thanks for posting pics:) Grmupy or not, you had a good holiday!

    ReplyDelete