Wednesday, January 8, 2014

2 years, 8 months and 4 days later

according to my scale this morning i am back to my pre-crosby weight.

i am as happy as this little girl.
source unknown

i gained thirty pounds with each pregnancy.  however, i started my pregnancy with crosby about 15 lbs. lighter than with ben due to (another) weight watchers stint.  a month after ben was born, i was back to my not-so-great pre-pregnancy weight.  my body was whack-a-doo and completely different, but the weight was off.  
after crosby was born, i lost half of the weight and got stuck at my not-so-great pre-ben weight.  seriously stuck.  i had developed a dumb thyroid condition.  so i started running.  nothing.
due to a combination of possible factors; running longer distances, yoga once-a-week, tweaking my thyroid meds, a very brief stint with advocare, my new green smoothie obsession, training sessions at the gym; my body has shifted in the past few months.

nothing major.  i am still wearing the same size pants for the most part (dumb).  i'm not particularly smaller (weight seems to have moved around instead) and i still have a ways to go.  and yes, i know, body image shouldn't depend on a number on the scale.  but sometimes it is about the number, right?  i'll take it.

i plan on celebrating tonight over a plate of fried chicken here (oh yes, i will.  take that, scale!) with my best friend marcy, the birthday girl!  happy birthday, sweet friend!
have you jumped over any hurdles lately?  big or small, i'd love to know.  and more importantly, did you celebrate over a plate of fried chicken?

love,
coco



4 comments:

  1. i feel ya about the scale...i have stopped weighing myself for now b/c when i do and see a drop (even if it is just an ounce, mind you) i celebrate....and eat too much and drink too much then it all goes out the window. i hate weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Cortney, you deserve this milestone! I hope you feel strong and fit and healthy and beautiful, because you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you - that's awesome! I tend to celebrate any milestone with good food and wine -- which I don't think is the best thing to do? Regardless -- so impressed. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!! Such a great feeling!! What thyroid condition do you have?! I had no idea! I have had hashimoto's for almost 10 years now , so if that's your battle I can share my meds history and see if it helps you. Took me a long time to get it right, but once we did it is SO much better!! Happy for you, mama!

    ReplyDelete