Thursday, November 21, 2013

greatest hits

hey y'all.

things are trucking along here.  my brain is kind of all over the place today and i feel like i need to write it all down to clear some space.  y'know?

my big boy was in mid-coversation in the car (with crosby, i assume) when a tribe called quest song came on the radio.  to which he stopped and said, "hey!  it's q-tip!"  be still my heart.  that boy has music in his soul (including quality hip-hop).  proud momma.

i dyed my hair (out of the box) today, as i do from time to time.  not a fan of those "shiny" hairs, know what i'm sayin?  anywho, i went darker because i am wanting a change, and i'm afraid i may look a bit like elvira.  dang.

i am scheduled to run 14 miles at 6am on saturday morning with my training group.  the high temperature that day is in the low 40s.  with the possiblility of freezing rain in the morning.  i would rather cut off my leg.

i want to get my nose pierced.

told you.  all over the place, my brain.

here's our week:
1) our friends had a baby girl last week and we walked the 1/4 mile to their house for a visit.  our boys acted like we were walking to montana.  good grief.
 this is baby lillian.  i don't appreciate how my body looks like i am the one who gave birth.  my belly and chins are loyal.  no matter what i do, they never leave me.
2) ben boy had a case of hand, foot and mouth disease (could there be a worse name for a virus?)  so we played hookey and hung out until the fever was gone.
3) my dad and paw show-off their green thumbs by putting fresh roses on our desks in the office.
4) this kid.  i found his pajamas like this two mornings in a row.
5) chris, marcy and i went to a fancy-shmancy fundraiser for ben's old school on friday night.  we dressed up, drank wine and bid on auction items.  no pictures.  my bad.
but when i was scrambling around town to find heels to wear for the evening, i came across every other non-dress shoe i would ever want.  doc martins are back, baby.

looking forward to the aggies beating lsu this weekend (fingers crossed).

how was your week?  what are you looking forward to?  care to share any random thoughts floating around in your head?

love,
coco


2 comments:

  1. uncross those fingers:) geaux tigers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i laughed so hard when you said that "...like it was montana..." and i'm at work :-) so funny. oh and go for it, the nose piercing.

    ReplyDelete