Friday, April 19, 2013

this and that

it's been a while since i dumped the contents of my google reader onto this this blog...but google reader is going away soon (GASP!) and i have no plan.  yikes.  so for now, i am doing a little spring cleaning by sharing with you all of the goodies from the internet that i hoard.  i'll figure the rest out later (help?!?!)


* i am a sucker for some pretty typography.  i am loving these by zachary taylor.  see more here.
* wouldn't mind have one (or a half dozen) of these.  source.

* this quote about motherhood struck a chord with me.  leave it to c. jane to put into words what i am thinking.
"I highly recommend motherhood, by-the-way. It begs of almost everything you have to do it--but the little, spontaneous, rewarding returns are surprisingly magnificent (whatever shape they come in). Especially for those of us who hardly ever know what we're doing. (Which I dare say is most of us.)
(Or maybe just me.)"

* these zoo potraits are killing me.  here are two of my faves.  source.


 *oh my goodness, please, please, please watch this.  it's fascitnating.  this artist did a performance art piece where she sat in silence as museum patrons came one at a time to look into her eyes.  this video shows what happened when an old lover came to participate.  goosebumps!  read their story here.
i love artsy weirdos.

* wouldn't you love to have one of these kim cogan paintings in your home?  source.

* artist bradley hart makes these paintings by injecting bubble wrap with paint.   who thinks like that?  artsy weirdos, that's who.  god love 'em.  source.

*i'll leave you with this.  it's true.  source.


stay tuned for more.
xoxo






1 comment:

  1. Dang those artsy weirdos brought me to tears. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete