Monday, April 8, 2013

five years old

this little nugget is now five years old.
 fellow mommas, how does your heart handle another year older?  mine's about to burst.
it seems like he's gone from my little shnookums to a ninja overnight.

 on saturday he had a bowling party here.
it's was crazy and busy, fun and downright adorable.





 we have fully confused ben by telling him all year that he will start kindergarten when he turns five.
so this morning, he woke up a little anxious because he thought he was starting a new school today without saying a proper good-bye to his friends.
parent fail.
 i assured him that he wouldn't start kinder until the end of the summer.
after that, he was totally on board with his birthday.
 here's how a conversation went with my ninja this morning~

ben: momma, at the end of the summer i'm going to start calling you mom.
me: awww man, momma is my favorite.
ben: i know, me too.  but momma, it's ok.  things change.

 i guess he told me.
happy birthday, benjamin.  thanks for entertaining us for the past five years.  life wouldn't be the same without you.

xoxo




1 comment: