Tuesday, October 28, 2014

bucket list

my friend jenn.
she has been by my side since the seventh grade.
i don't know what i'd do without her
(well, that's not true.  i know that i would've never swung on a trapeze.)

she is full of spunk and adventure.  she craves new experiences and loves to push herself.
our personalities are quite different.  i prefer meeting friends on a patio and very sedentarily drinking cold beers/margaritas.  while jenn likes these things as well, she prefers to spend time with her friends flying through the air attached to tiny ropes and yelling profanities (wait, that was just me).
when a night of dancing to celebrate her birthday didn't work out with everypone's busy schedules, she instead decided to celebrate turning thirty-six by strongly encouraging us to join her in a trapeze class on a sunday afternoon.
we stupidly agreed.
when was the last time you have ever been truly afraid?
or the last time you physically felt adrenaline course through your body causing you to shake uncontrollably?  those feelings don't happen often in one's lifetime.  and because of my precious jenn, we were able to cross something off of our bucket lists that we never knew was there to begin with.
{me. scared.}
{me. flying.}
 {christy}
 {emily}
 {kelly}
 {to prove to my kids that momma can be brave.}

jenn, i am so thankful for you.
thanks for pushing me outside of my comfort zone and for being my safety net for the past twenty-three years.
you're keeping me young, guuurrrl.
it's exhilerating.
happy birthday!


**pics by marcy :)


3 comments:

  1. Yack. I had a post beautifully written and it disappeared into cyberspace. Gist: i love you to the moon and back and that blog post was lovely. You have been a rock in my life for years and years (and years) and i consider you family, there for the long haul. You know this means that bucket list will continue to grow and i wouldnt pick anyone else to do it with. Love you too.

    ReplyDelete