Tuesday, June 17, 2014

local fave: hiatus spa

the year i planned our mystery girls trip, i was doing some online research for spas in austin.  hiatus spa kept popping up in my search, so sight unseen, i booked services for each of us.  the staff was incredibly accomodating and helped me arrange this surprise entirely over the phone.
once we arrived in austin, we were treated like queens.  there i had a pedicure unlike any other i had before.  it has turned into the pedicure that all of my future pedicures will be measured against.  does that sound dramatic?  likely, but that doesn't mean it's not true.  now granted, it's a pricier pedi than say, at that place down the street from your house where you sit in a massage chair and soak your feet in a giant tub while you read an us weekly.  no sirree, bob.
because my husband is a genius and/or a really good listener, he bought me a spa package at the hiatus spa in DALLAS (there is one here, too, hallelujah!) for mother's day.
i could finally have my pedi repeat.

let me explain the glory.
they soak your piggies in a copper basin and pour warm water from a pitcher over them to start.
then, once you select your color, they recline you in your zero-gravity chair (i'm talking, laying almost flat on your back, people).  
the manicurist then asked me to close my eyes while i selected my aromatherapy scent, just before she placed the neckroll behind my neck and a weighted mask over my eyes.
and the finishing touch, before she began the tedious work of srubbing the god-awful skin of my feet, she said, "enjoy your time.  see you in a bit", as she placed headphones on my ears which played thunderstroms for the next EIGHTY minutes.
my goal was to not fall asleep because a) i wanted to enjoy every second consciously and b) i thought i might snore and/or drool.  i entered some blissful zone between consciousness and unconsciousness for the remainder of my mani/pedi.
once it was over, i walked slowly in my comatose state to the locker room (surely they don't call it that in a fancy spa) where i saw a sign placed between the sinks which read, "D Magazine, Best Mani/Pedi 2013".  well, duh.
i think i'll go ahead and give them my vote for 2014 as well.
now go treat yourself.  
it's an order and you deserve it, i'm sure.

p.s. you are welcome.
xoxo

5560 W. Lovers Lane | Suite 250 | Dallas, TX 75209 | 214.352.4111 


1 comment:

  1. I could not agree with you more! Once you have had a man'-pedi at hiatus it is a chore to go anywhere else. Love this spa!

    ReplyDelete