Thursday, March 6, 2014

shop talk

as many of you know, i opened my very own etsy shop just before christmas.  it has been on my to-do list for an embarrassingly long time, so to get it up and live was a huge feat in itself.  as it turns out, i can draw pictures of houses, however i cannot design a logo, take decent pictures of my drawings, or have any success in designing my shop without a lot of hand-holding.
my girl, robin, designed a logo and a banner (i had no idea what a banner was) for me to make me look like i have my shit together!
bless her soul.
soon after my shop went live, christmas happened and i haven't really touched it since.  just now, after a full recovery from the holidays, i am starting to freshen it up.  i have plans to add custom silhouettes to the shop, and even stationery somewhere down the line.
next up, a facebook page.  

etsy will only let me post five pictures of each item listed.  so i am dedicating this post to show you some of what i have done in the past few months.

*this one was given as a house-warming gift.

*this one was a christmas gift for a friend's co-worker.


*this one was drawn to hang in that very home.

*a woman hired me to draw a picture of her husband's childhood home for valentine's day.

the customer then sent me a picture of it all framed and pretty with the sweetest message.
*i was contacted by a woman in lubbock who wanted me to draw her old house in dallas where she and her husband started their family.


all drawings are pen and ink and 5X7, whimsical in style, $35.
will consult with custom orders.
to learn more, visit the shop here or click on the coco custom icon on the top left corner of this blog.
just tuck coco custom away in the back of your mind for the next time you need to give a thoughtful (and affordable) gift.
feel free to share this with others.

love to you, sweet friends.
coco






4 comments:

  1. You are so very talented. You can draw houses and anything for that matter, don't follow it up with anything else!!
    Thanks for drawing my home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you! the shop looks great and so do these pics~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ur amazing. It just takes an idea. Some talent and a lot of love. All of which u r in abundance of. Success is inevitable when u lead with the best of intentions and that my dear is ur best quality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I not know about this?! Yay!!! So So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete