Monday, August 26, 2013

bye-bye baby

just like that my baby became a fuzzy-headed toddler, who became a little boy with a fierce love of dinosaurs/trains/elephants/gorillas/ninjas, who then became a kindergartener.  like, in the blink of an eye.
next up: junior high, puberty and prom.
i'm not ready.

this morning ben's excitement turned into a nervous confidence as he entered his classroom.  he did great and didn't bat an eye when it was time to say good-bye (which is really all you can wish for as a parent).  i, on the other hand, had to walk out of the building in silence, for if i opened my mouth to speak, i would have gurgled instead.

i am a crier.  i cry when i am angry, happy, scared, frustrated, and apparently when my child starts kindergarten (and pre-school and mother's day out.  whatever.)  today was no different, even though i am so excited for him and he is so ready and i am so ready and he loves his teacher.

never in a million years did i anticipate missing thomas the train this much.

miss holford.  an aggie.  whoop! 
we suck at the self-timer. 



my sister-in-law shared this article by beverly beckham with me.

this part kills me:

September whisks kids away and entertains them and beguiles them, but returns them not as they were but changed and in a different size. That’s why parents cry as they stand and wave goodbye. Because first grade becomes fifth grade becomes high school becomes college even as you watch.
How is this, I wonder, that a day alone with a colicky baby and an I-don’t-take-a-nap-anymore 2-year-old can feel like a year? But 18 years can go by in a blink of an eye? 


 click here to read the rest.


are you plagued with the crying gene like me?  how do you cope with big changes?  

the newest kinder-mom on the block,
coco




4 comments:

  1. kinder rocks!

    i am a crier, too.....ANYTHING can bring on my tears. but i like it. i always feel better after no matter what it was that made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I am crying now just reading this. Love you Cort! You are an awesome Mama, and all around lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am late-bloomer when it comes to crying - as in, I barely cried growing up, but now I'm a blubbering mess for no reason. I hope your son loves kindergarten - and that you're doing well adjusting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just wait until it's the last first day of high school. I feel old.

    ReplyDelete