Monday, December 15, 2014

monday commute

i know, i know.  another music post.
i can't help it.  music makes me happy, so that's what i write about.
 
my facebook blew up a few weeks ago over the debut of a new local classic hip-hop radio station.
 
y'all, i cannot tell you how happy this new radio station makes me.
on one hand, you know you are old when there is an "oldies" station that plays all of your favorite music.  but on the other hand, it's so good that i don't really give a flip.
 
this child of the nineties rejoices.
 
confession: i can still do the tootsie roll. it's not cute, but i'm not opposed to busting out my moves in my kitchen when the mood calls.  i have a feeling it'll come in handy to embarrass my children when the get older.
 
here's a taste of what i've been listening to in my car lately.  turn it up (unless you are at work, then don't).
pharcyde- runnin'
the fugees- no woman no cry
{i cannot begin to tell you how i wore the fugees out in high school.  my love for lauryn hill runs deep}
jay-z feat. foxy brown- ain't no
not safe for work, people.
2pac- keep ya head up
a tribe called quest- bonita applebaum
{q-tip is my boyfriend}
 
tell me, do you tootsie roll in your kitchen?
please tell me i'm not alone.
do you love nineties hip-hop?
who is your fave?
 
love,
coco
{a thirty-five year old white girl and lover of hip-hop}
 
p.s. remember this (i mean, how could you forget)?  that whole album is to-die-for, by the way.
well, guess what?  he just released his first new album in fourteen years (that makes me feel so, so very old).
here's d'angelo's new single, sugah daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment